August 12, 2020
If you are building or decorating a modern inspired home you will need to find the perfect dining chair to bring in the right character.
A modern chair wants to break away from the traditional. It would boast the latest engineering with the intent of defying old methods such using four legs or being crafted from wood. The modern world has brought in new materials to play with, such as steel, fiberglass & plastic. Designers bend, fold & curve these materials to come up with new modern shapes. And they have even added new fun and useful functions such as swiveling, rolling, stretching and the like.
The chairs in the photos above are the Ginger Chair designed by Roberto Lazzeroni for Poltrona Frau, The Husk chair designed by Patricia Urquiola for B&B Italia and the Tulip Chair at the center was designed by Eero Saarinen for Knoll in 1955, and while it was designed many decades ago it is still a great example of modern design.
1. Choose a chair design with character, but remember to keep the balance and harmony.
2. Check if the width and seat height is right for you.
3. If there are children... Fiberglass or plastic area easier to wipe and washable seat covers would be a great idea. This will help keep a happy home.
4. Try to stay within budget, there are many alternatives.
5. Go for durability. It's worth it to spend a little bit more. That way you can keep them for a long time.
View this post on Instagram